Monday 7 July 2014

Covered Ikea Drawers

I’ve had these Ikea Moppe drawers for years and years and not done a thing with them except for filling them with my pens and dimensional paints …..
Ikea Moppe Drawers…… until I thought that they would be a perfect foil for my My Mind’s Eye Stella and Rose 12 x 12 paper pad, as they were looking a bit grubby ….
Ikea Moppe Drawers 4…… so templates were duly made and drawers fronts and box sides duly covered ….. and you will no doubt notice that I couldn’t resist doing some faux stitching round the drawer edges.
Picture56Ikea Moppe Drawers 5
…… I also coloured the box frame edges with a Promarker pen. I reckon all of this took me no longer than an hour, if that ……
Ikea Moppe Drawers 2Ikea Moppe Drawers 3
……. the laborious part was the varnishing, for which I used Wilkinson’s clear, quick drying varnish, which really does dry quickly between coats, it’s just that I am very impatient!!
I then did a bit of Googling for Ikea Moppe drawers and found this project for an apothecary chest  with the drawers turned round ……. http://magpiejaybirdandmew.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/diy-apothecary-box/
Picture66Picture65
I just love apothecary drawers, but never in this world would be able to afford an original set ….. but this has certainly given me food of thought as I want something different to go in my lounge fireplace ……
Picture67
……. and this could be it ….. by putting joining four together?

4 comments:

Mrs B said...

Hi Helen. Love the drawers, great choice of papers. Wow, I love the apothecary drawers too, would never guess that they are made from the Ikea ones, fantastic idea that I will be using too. They would look lovely in your fireplace. Take care.

Chrysalis said...

Very pretty makeover, Helen. x

Cheryl W said...

I love your drawers, too. You have the best ideas!

marc said...

the draws look fab and like the fire place idea we could go to the handle shop when you come to stay again big love marc